Ok, disappeared for 3 months, as usual. I was finishing out a marketing contract which was taking close to 70 hours a week to deal, no time to update. With the holidays coming up, I am here to stay! Updates to start...later today! :)
The big thing is Dragoncon 2009, I went, I saw, I developed new fetishes. Want to hear my review?
So where to begin? I think with some pros and cons.
Cons of the Con -
- Steampunk cosplayers were 'snoody', cause they are in the 'trendy genre'.
- 9/10 Dragoncon staff telling you to get into line, only 1/10 knowing WHERE the line is for you to get into!
- Rocky Horror Picture show... Some drunk guy was going row to row, SCREAMING in peoples faces what he thought was the FUNNIEST comebacks...he personally cleared out at least 300 people
- Waiting in like 3 hours to go to Rocky Horror!!!
- Crazy zombie girl that cut in line for Claudia Christian while I was trying to find out WHERE the line was...she started screaming at me "No cuts, back of the line" which insued a MOB mentality of everyone screaming at me...she managed to get a seat a whole row infront of me, but is going to get b*tched by my Karma :)
- Froggy Photos not supporting charities like Toys for Tots...then making us sit around for 5 hours to get a picture that Natalie basically had to crop/print herself
- Sheraton Hotel 2 blocks away...they claimed there would be shuttles, I saw no shuttles! ... Only 5 minute walk, but when you have -5 minutes between panels plus 2 hours lines, every second counts.
- Star Trek karaoke, with everyone singing Elton John songs AS William Shatner... I never wanna hear Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds AGAIN! ... Ok, I never wanted to hear it before this either, but now I don't want to hear it on whole new levels!
- Bus route to my hotel ran from 6am-9pm, all the good music happend at midnight or later! >
- All the guys at CON wearing a Charlie Brown yellow shirt with zig zag stripe and not a SINGLE ONE was bald. Come on... That was beyond lazy!
Things I learned for Next Year -
- Stay in a local hotel so you can change clothes and go dancing, instead of carrying survival pack with you non stop.
- Wear a sign that tells girls to kiss you...THEY WILL!
Probaly more, I will update/repost this once I clear the rest of my head out! Was definately a great vacation...
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.